Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Winner: M.F.K. Fisher Musings on Wine & My Richness


There's nothing like having your disorganization and procrastination splayed wide for the whole wide world to see. Case in point: I'm an entire week late in picking the winner of a copy of M.F.K. Fisher: Musings on Wine and Other Libations. It's totally my fault and I have no good excuse. It feels a little like I invited people over for a dinner party and then chose not to clean up (something I would never actually do, by the way). Guests show up and there it is: my mess. The pile of ironing on the couch, the kitchen that needs to be swept, the stack of mail and bills to pay.

But, as Pema Chodron says, "all this messy stuff is your richness." And so it is. And so it's not too late to announce a winner.

There were so many nice comments about lovely glasses of wine that it became impossible to personally pick the best one. So I made someone else do it. And Elizabeth, of the lovely Ring Them Bells, won with her description of Pinot noir from Lemon Creek Winery in Michigan. I'll be looking for a glass of this soon.

I plan to be back shortly with a roundup of things that have been keeping us fed in recent weeks. In the meantime, here's a reminder that not everything that looks messy is messy:







1 comment:

Elizabeth @ Ring Them Bells said...

So excited! Thanks very much, Anne!