Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dinner at Stellina






My lovely dinner at stellina: the photos are out of order but I don't have time to fix them and I don't think it matters much at all.

Of course I got the menu first, and stewed over it quite a bit, all while drinking a glass of De Stefanis Barbara d'Alba 2007. This chewy dark red was just what I wanted.
And in the end, I decided to order just what I'd been thinking about the entire drive to Pt Reyes: beans and greens. Simmered rosemary cannellini beans with braised chard. It sounded so simply and healthy and warm and good.
It was perfect!

Sometime soon I hope to go back to Stellina for something more elaborate, but for this Friday night I loved being able to sit alone in a busy restaurant, watching everything buzz around me, and eat something that I could have cooked at home but didn't have to.
For dessert I ordered a glass of Degiorgis Moscato d'Asti, 2007 from Piedmont and a toasted almond biscotti. Again, so perfect -- I love simple food.

No comments: