Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Things that should be illegal: salted caramel ice cream



There are blog posts and articles all over the internet about the fact that it's August and too hot to eat and all anyone can think about doing is collapsing and eating cold cuts, and composed salads, and popsicles.

Not so in San Francisco! This morning I woke up early -- so early. 5:45 to be exact. There was lots to do and I am most productive in the mornings, so my morning had to begin while the house was still blanketed in a thick white layer of fog.

We have not been cooking because there has been way too much to do on the to do list. The house painting continues -- will it ever be finished? The computer continues to slow and then stop -- a new one will arrive soon. There are projects to work on, people to answer to, etc. etc.

Yesterday I lost my resolve at about 9:30 PM to this: salted caramel ice cream from Bi-Rite Creamery. It is so soft (because of its high sugar & fat content) and so smooth, it just rushes down your throat. Before you know it you can consume much more than you intended to. Trust me.

It is just so sweet, salty, carameley good. So good it is on the 100 things you must eat in San Francisco, which is how it came to arrive in my freezer -- a treat for my parents before they leave SF today.

I am never going anywhere near Bi-Rite again -- I don't have the resolve to resist this frozen treat. Oh and I got a $48 parking ticket while I was getting the ice cream. The nerve!

No comments: