Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Zuni Cafe Roast Chicken

It's been a bit of a busy week and it will only get busier as I prepare to head to NY on Thursday morning!

But, I have to tell you... I had the most sumptuous (yes sumptuous)thing I have ever eaten in my life on Sunday at about noon: The Zuni Cafe Roasted Chicken with Bread Salad and Frisee. This is one of those meals everyone talks about. I am so wary of those things -- can it really be that good?

Yes, it really can be that good. And it helps if the chicken is organic, brined, perfectly roasted, juicy, and piled on top of bread salad with currants and pine nuts. It was so good I really didn't feel the need to eat much till Monday afternoon. And I'm glad it takes an hour to arrive and costs $48 because if it was any quicker or any cheaper I might have a serious problem.

As it is, I'm sad I didn't take any photos and a little bemused that I can't think of anything to say other than it was sooooooo goooooood.

So, for a more articulate rendering, check out Smitten Kitchen where there are photos AND a recipe. Or you can just come to SF and eat it with me.

Please? Pretty Please?

1 comment:

codfish said...

Sometimes the recipe reviews that just say "soooo good" are the most convincing. The recipe's been sitting on my back burner... but will be made this weekend. :D